Unofficial Guide to FamilySearch.org: How to Find Your Family History on the Largest Free Genealogy Website
Author: Dana McCullough
Format: Kindle eBook
Number Of Pages: 240
Publisher: Family Tree Books
Master the #1 Free Genealogy Website!
Discover your ancestry on FamilySearch.org, the world's largest free genealogy website. This in-depth user guide shows you how to find your family in the site's databases of more than 3.5 billion names and millions of digitized historical records spanning the globe. Learn how to maximize all of FamilySearch.org's research tools--including hard-to-find features--to extend your family tree in America and the old country.
In this book, you'll find:
- Step-by-step strategies to craft search queries that find ancestors fast
- Practical pointers for locating your ancestors in record collections that aren't searchable
- Detailed overviews of FamilySearch.org's major U.S. collections, with helpful record explanations to inform your research
- Guidance for using FamilySearch.org's vast record collections from Europe, Canada, Mexico and 100-plus countries around the world
- Tips for creating and managing your family tree on FamilySearch.org
- Secrets to utilizing user-submitted genealogies, 200,000 digitized family history books, and the FamilySearch catalog of 2.4 million offline resources you can borrow through a local FamilySearch Center
- Worksheets and checklists to track your research progress